A few weeks ago I was invited to spend a few days with some friends and colleagues for a retreat in Sundance, Utah. What a treat!! It was decided that we would not go out for any of our meals and that we all would take turns in the kitchen. Because some of us were to arrive earlier at the retreat, they became in charge of the grocery shopping which meant that we all had to send in recipes we wanted to prepare and share. I send just a few, but many from my blog were actually chosen for many meals which made me very happy;-)
One day we were served gluten free blueberry muffins with a streusel top for Breakfast. It was delicious!!!
So delicious in fact, that I have been trying to find some of the ingredients to make those delicious morning treats!! But I can’t find them in the few stores I have been to so far. I guess I need to try a few more.
Well since I had some peaches that needed to be “disposed”of, I decided to make muffins, but this time I decided to make gluten free muffins using almond mill since I was unable to find gluten free all-purpose flour. After trying a few recipes here and there, I developed my own. I hope that you will try it. It is very good and so so moist!!!
Ingredients for about 10 cupcakes:
- 1 1/2 almond mill
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of apple
- 3 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp of rice flour, or gluten free all purpose flour
- 2 peaches diced and chopped in very small
- Turn the oven to 400.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond mill, the sugar and the rice flour.
- Then add the apple sauce, the oil and the eggs and mix well.
- Add the chopped peaches in the mixture and mix well.
- With a scoop, fill each cupcake holes with the mixture.
- Cook the cupcakes for 25 minutes or until they are cooked ( when checking with a knife, it should come out clean). Et voila!!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!