My husband and I have very different food taste. He likes potatoes, potatoes, red meats and processed meats whereas I like everything BUT potatoes, red meats and processed meats. So what do i do most nights?!?! I cook two meals. Luckily my meal generally take 5 to 8 minutes so I am not too long in my kitchen. This past Sunday, while the rest of my family ate potatoes and bratwurst, i ate a lamb rack. Yum!!!!
The beauty of fixing a lamb rack, is that it requires very little preparation and cooks so fast!!!
Ingredients for 2-3 people:
- 1 rack lamb
- salt, pepper
- and a pinch of thyme.
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of mustard
- 1/2 cup of mint jelly
- Remove the rack from the plastic. Rinse it under running water.
- Place the rack onto the flexipan that you would have placed on a medium perforated sheet.
- With a brush, or a spritzer, sprinkle some olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and a bit of thyme.
- Cook in the oven for 15 minutes ( for medium rare), or more.
- Cut the rack in single pieces.
- Place them on individual plates and spoon a bit of the sauce on each plate. Enjoy!!!!Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!