As I searched for things to cook with my little ladies this past Children Cooking Class, i came across pictures of macaroni cupcakes on the net. Everything small and individually packaged is so appealing to me. I thought they were so cute that i decided to make some. They were enjoyed so much that I thought I would share.
Ingredients for about 12-20 mini Macaroni and Cheese:
- 1/2 box of elbow pasta
- 3 1/2 cup of mixed cheese ( 1 used 2 cups of cheddar and 1 cup of parmesan)
- 1/2 cup od milk
- 2 tbsp of buttter
- 1 tbsp of roasted garlic demarle mixture
- 1 1/2 tbsp of flour
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Or for a simpler, fastest way, place the pasta into the large round mold, cover it with water and cook them for 13 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and set them aside.
- In a large saucepan, make a roux ( melt the butter and when the butter has melted, add the flour. Cook the flour until the mixture becomes brown.)
- Add the milk and cook it until the mixture is becoming thick.
- Add 1 cup of cheddar, 1 cup of parmesan and mix well.
- Then add the cooked pasta, another cup of cheddar, the roasted garlic and mix well. Spoon the mixture into individual mini cupcake.
- Sprinkle more cheese over the top of each cupcake and cook them for 15 minutes at 400.
- Let them cool for 5 minutes before serving them or they may break.
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!