If today casseroles are no longer part of our dinner menu, they used to be more present on our table many years ago. Et oui ( well, yes), as a young bride and a young mother I tried to fix meals that were recommended by my friends and casseroles were often the suggestions i received. Some i loved and some I really did not… But all in all, they slowly disappeared from our menu because they were not really that healthy for us ( and me who slowly developed bad cholesterol), and my husband who never really was fond of them anyway( the picky eater that he is).
Well the reason why i am presenting this recipe today is because i was trying to think of quick easy recipe for a cooking class I did last week for busy moms like me and an old potato recipe came to me. You may have fixed this recipe 10 years ago. It was very popular then. It had shredded potato, a cream of mushroom, and sour cream.
I will tell you that I did not even thought to look for the recipe. I just thought to add whatever I thought would taste great so there it is;-)
Ingredients for about 15 large cupcakes size, or about 38 mini cupcakes:
- 1 bag of shredded potato thawed out
- 1 can of cream of onion ( from any brand)
- 1 cup of sour cream or even ricotta
- 1/2 cup of finely diced onion ( I used purple)
- 1/2 cup of green onion
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese ( one for the mixture and one for the topping)
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
( I think adding 1 cup of bacon bits would be great to this recipe also;-)
- Turn the oven to 400.
- Place a large cupcake tray, or a mini cupcake tray onto a medium perforated sheet and set aside.
- PLace all the ingredients into a large bowl.
- Mix everything together.
- And fill the cupcakes to the top.
- Sprinkle some cheese over the top of each cupcake. Cook for 20-30 minutes.
- Easy and Yummy ( and hardly anything to clean since those molds are non-stick!!!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!