I hope you guys had a great Easter with your family, and for my non Christian friends, i hope that you had a great passover. I had a wonderful time in company of the whole family. We had a very good brunch. And no, I did not cook, which was fine with me.
I wanted, nonetheless, to share with you a recipe that I made yesterday for our weekend treat. I don’t know what the weather looked like on your side of the world, but yesterday it was just awful here. Cold and rainy. So guess what I did to entertain myself? cook;-)
I wanted to make something fun for the upcoming Easter so i settled for cupcakes. Fun cupcakes. Here it is:
Ingredients for 12 cupcakes:
- 1 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour,
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder,
- 1/4 tsp of salt,
- 6 Tbsp of butter,
- 2 large eggs,
- 1/2 cup of whole milk,
- 2 Tbsp of vanilla extracts,
- 1/2 cup of milk.
- Turn the oven to 350.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, the salt and the baking powder and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the sugar and the butter until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time beating well.
- Add the flour mixture in 3 times, alternating with the milk ( 2 times).
- Beat well until well combined, but do not overbeat.
- Divide the batter evenly among the cupcake holes. I used a straight cupcake tray and cook for 15-18 for normal size cupcakes or until they are cooked ( when inserting a toothpick, it should come out clean)
- Let the cupcakes cool before decorating with the frosting.
Ingredients for the frosting and the decoration:
- 12 ounces of Semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of easter eggs of your choice ( i like the Cadbury)
- Place the cream into a small bowl and place it in the microwave to cook for 1 minute.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips that you would have placed into another small bowl. Let the cream melt the chocolate by NOT MIXING. Leave it alone for 1 minute.
- Mix well.
- Add butter and mix well again.
- Let the mixture rest until it has cooled down ( about 1 hour or less if you place it in the fridge).
- Fill a medium-sized ziploc bag with the frosting. Cut a small hole at the end of the bag and drizzle the frosting on the top of the cupcake making it look like straws of a nest.
- Place a few Easter eggs on top of the frosting.
- Place the cupcakes in the fridge to cool for a few minutes before eating, or the frosting may fall.
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!