Any excuse to play in my kitchen is a great excuse. A few days ago, someone asked me how to bake perfectly round cups using sugar cookies or regular cookies. I had used them many times to make fun treats, but had never really tried to use them and bake them empty so I thought to give it another try. Well, as a result I was left with an array of empty shells to work with. Being a fan of chocolate, and coffee I decided to make those cute yummy treats. I hope that you will enjoy them. Plus, they are a fun treat to make with children. Easy, Mess free and Yummy!!!
Ingredients for 24 mini cupcakes:
- 1 pre-baked sugar cookie dough ( i don’t have any preference, I used Pillsbury)
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 4 oz. of bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp of sugar ( optional – i don’t because i like dark chocolate but those of you who may like sweet desserts, i would)
- 1 tbsp of coffee granule
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream for the whipped cream
- 2 tbsp of mascarpone or cream cheese at room temperature.
- a few coffee beans for decoration.
- Turn the oven to 400. Place the mini cupcake tray on the medium perforated sheet and place a cookie square in each hole.
- Cook the cookies 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and with a shot glass ( i hope that you have one, or the back of a large spoon), press the dough down to make a well.
- Place the cookies back in the oven and cook for another 3-5 minutes ( it will depend on your oven).
- Let them cool completely and prepare the filling.
- Place the chocolate chips, sugar and coffee in a bowl and set aside.
- Place 1/2 cup of heavy cream in a small bowl and cook for 1 minute or until it is hot.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate mixture and let it set for 1 minute to let the chips melt.
- Stir until you have a very liquid mixture free of lumps. Place it in the fridge to cool.
- Meanwhile prepare the whipped cream. We are adding the mascarpone cheese so that the whipped cream will not fall.
- Place the cream and the cheese into a small bowl and whip until you have stiff peaks.
- Remove the chocolate mixture from the fridge, place it in a kitchen mixer and whip it until you have a fluffy mousse.
- Place the chocolate whipped ganache into a ziploc bag, or pastry bag and fill each cup to half.
- Then, fill another ziploc bag with whipped cream and pipe the cream on top of the chocolate.
- Decorate with coffee beans. C’est tout!!!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!