I love, love Asian food, but my husband is not a fan so when I cooked this recipe adapted from an old recipe book from The Pampered Chef and he liked it, I was really really happy because it is so hard to cook for this man;-)
I hope that you will love it too. It is easy to make, fast to cook and delicious.
Ingredients for about 5-6 people:
- 1 pack of lean ground beef ( about 1.33lb)
- 4 slices of bread or 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/8 tsp of pepper
- 4 tsp of Thai curry paste
- 4 green onions diced very thinly
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 2 tbsp of toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 inch of grated ginger
- 4 garlic gloves pressed
- the zest of 1 lime
- 4 tbsp of lime juice ( you may need 2 limes to get 4tbsp)
- 4 tsp of Thai Red Curry
- 2 tsp of corn flour
- In a large bowl, place either the 1/2 cup of bread crumbs or the 4 slices of bread and pour the milk that you would have previously warmed up.
- With a fork, puree the bread.
- Add all the other ingredients to the bread and mix well. You can either use your hand, or a kitchen mixer.
- With a small scoop, scoop the meatballs and place them onto a deep flexipan that you would have placed onto a medium perforated sheet.
- Cook then for 15 minutes at the temperature of 400.
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce. In a small saucepan, mix all the ingredients and bring the mixture to boil.
- When the mixture has come to boil, turn the heat down and cook for a few more minutes or until the sauce thickens
- Place the meatballs into a large bowl, pour the sauce over them and mix well.
- Serve with steamed rice, and roasted asparagus seasoned with toasted sesame seed.Yum, and fast!!!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!