My nephew spent the week here with us, so that it would be too far for him to get to the church where my son and him were to do an in-town mission trip. I hardly saw them. They would leave at 7 with my husband and would come back at 8 pm.
This morning though, since they were not going to church they decided to stay home and enjoy the company of themselves playing video games and playing in the pool.
But this morning, as they woke up I realize that there was nothing left in the fridge for breakfast. No milk, No baguette in the freezer, No more cereals, so i decided to make waffles.
And since I too wanted to eat waffles but did not want to eat wheat, I decided to make almond ones.
Ingredients for about 14 waffles:
- 3 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 1 1/2 cup of milk ( i used coconut milk since i had nothing else on hand)
- 4 tbsp of sugar
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 box of fresh strawberry of about 16 oz.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients.
- Turn the waffle iron on, and when the light turns off, open the waffle iron, spray a bit of olive oil, or brush a bit coconut oil on the waffle iron.
- Pour in about 1/4 cup of the batter and close the lid.
- Cook the waffle until the light turns off.
- Repeat the same process until you have used all the batter.
- While the waffles are cooking, slice the strawberries in cubes, mix in a bit of sugar and set aside until it is time to eat.
- When serving the waffles, spoon a bit of the fruit on top of the waffle, drizzle some honey and Breakfast is Ready. Easy and Healthy!!!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!