What do you do when you have lots of apples and don’t know what to do with them? You either eat them as snack, or you fix lots of desserts with them;-))
Well since i had some phillo dough left in my fridge, i thought to fix some chocolate and apples purses. The great part about fixing this recipe is that it is fast, really easy to make, unexpensive and can make a great dessert, or a yummy snack.
Ingredients for 20 small ones:
- 2 1/2 to 3 apples peeled and chopped thinly
- 1 pack of phillo dough cut in square of 2×2 inches
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of chocolate
- 1/4 cup of olive oil, or melted chocolate butter.
- In a bowl, mix the chopped apples and sugar and mix well.
- Cut the phillo dough into squares of 2×2 inches for the mini muffin tray, or 4×4 for the large muffin tray.
- Peel 3 to 4 sheets of the stack of the phillo dough and push them inside each mini cupcake. Of course you can also make large ones using the straight muffin tray.
- Fill the inside of those “cups” with apples.
- Top the apples with a few chocolate chips (5-6).
- Press the filo together to close up the “purse”.
- With a brush, brush the top of each “purses” with olive oil or with melted butter. You may also use the spritzer to sprinkle olive oil.
- Cook in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the top of the purses is a nice brown.
- After removing the cupcakes from the oven, let them cool for a few minutes and drizzle more chocolate on top. You may eat them with some ice-cream, or as it ( I did, they make yummy afternoon snacks. They remind me of the Chaussons de Pomme I used to eat growing up, except that they cook much quicker and they are much better for you;-)YUMMMMMMMM
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!