Hello readers, and everyone else. How are you?? I know, I know it has been a while. It is crazy how time passes and how I find it difficult to write my recipes and share them with you. Contrary to my lack of posts, I have been cooking. But my family and I have had so much family visiting recently that it is difficult to find time to allocate to my blog.
Any way here I am. Before you will have no more tomatoes in your backyard, I wanted to share this yummy and very very easy recipe of Tomates Provencales.
There are a million recipes out there, but really the best part of this recipe, is that you can pretty much use all that you have in your cabinets to flavor those tomatoes.
Indeed, the recipe calls for Bread crumbs, but you can substitute it with crackers, or bagel chips that you would have crushed. One day, I even used some white cheddar cheez-it because I did not have any more bread crumbs.
- Ingredients for 4-6 people:
1-2 tomatoes per person, so about 8,
- 1/4 cup of italian bread crumbs,
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan,
- 1 tbsp of garlic salt.
- 1 tsp of rosemary thyme seasoning from demarle
- Place all the dry ingredients into a small bowl and mix well.
- Cut the roma tomatoes in half.
- Place them into a flexipan or a large round.
- Sprinkle the bread mixture over the top of the tomatoes.
- Drizlle some olive oil to wet the bread crumbs
- Bake the tomatoes for 15-20 minutes.
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!