A few weeks ago the band of my son’s high school hosted a band competition. To raise money, they asked parents to bring in treats for the bake sales, and helped to cater the event with food for both the directors and the judges of the band.
If you knew me, you will find that I am one that likes to give a hand everywhere I can even when time is limited so I did.
I offered to help cater the luncheon for the judges. On the menu, they had a real Southern treats ( or at least that what i think;-)
- Spiced Pecans
- Cheddar Wafers
- Petite Chocolate Cake with Chocolate ganache and
- Rotisserie Chicken Salad on Croissant
- And Fresh Fruits.
Because I had so many compliments on the chicken salad, i thought to share to recipes on my blog so that if someone wants it, they can just use this blog entry.
Ingredients for 36 mini chicken sandwiches on Croissants, or 50 triangular tea sandwiches:
- 1 rotisserie chicken deboned and “peeled”
- 3/4 to 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp of garlic salt
- 1/2 cup of celeri stick sliced in half and chop very very thinly
- 1/4 cup of red onion chopped very very thinly ( optional)
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- Remove the skin and peel off the meat from the bones.
- Chop the chicken meat very thinly with the sharp knife. I use all the parts, but if you only like the white parts, you certainly can only use that.
- Place the chicken into a kitchen mixer and add all the other ingredients.
- Using the white paddle used for batter, mix the chicken salad until the chicken is well mixed.
- Season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve the chicken salad as you wish, on croissant, or in Phillo cups as shown above. I used my mini muffin tray from demarle. Too cute!!!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!