Mondays are so hard for me.. I have morning duty and by the time 3 o’clock comes, I am not quite in the mood to hit the gym or do anything. I just want to go home and take nap. But do I??? no, I dragged my feet to the gym because i know it will invigorate me for what awaits me at home… homework, dinner, life…
Well last night all I wanted to do is get dinner on the table in a flash so that i could get on to the rest of my to-do list.. and so I just took things out of our fridge to fix our dinner.
Ingredients for 4:
- 2-3 chicken breast cut in thin slices, or 4 tenders per person
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 1/16 tsp of pepper
- 1/2 tsp of the zesty mediterranean Demarle Herb Blend
- 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- 1 jar of roasted pepper of about 1 lb 5 oz.
- 1/2 cup of almond milk or 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tsp of garlic Herb Blend from Mrs Dash.
- Turn the oven to 400.
- Place the chicken tenders in a bowl and add the olive oil, pepper, salt and zesty Mediterranean herb mix. and mix well.
- Place the tenders on a large silpat that you would have previously laid on a large perforated sheet.
- Place the perforated sheet in the oven and cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce:
- Drain the roasted pepper from their juice and place them into a chopper.
- Add 1 tsp of salt -free Mrs Dash Garlic Herb Seasoning.
- Puree the roasted pepper mixture.
- Add the almond milk or the cream and continue to puree the mixture.
- Add salt and pepper if you wish.
- Place the mixture into a small saucepan and bring the mixture to boil.
I serve the chicken over steamed brocoli that I cooked in my large round mold for 5 minutes.
My husband, not fond of vegetables, got some pasta instead.
To serve, place pasta or steamed brocoli on individual plates, place the chicken tenders on top of it. Spoon the sauce over the tenders and sprinkle a bit of fresh parmesan. Et voila!!!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!