Last week I made some teriyaki chicken, one of my children new favorite and because I had some left-overs teriyaki sauce, i used it to make teriyaki salmon this evening. Yum;-)
Ingredients for 2:
- 2 salmon filet
- 4 tbsp of teriyaki sauce ( sauce below)
Ingredients for the teriyaki sauce:
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch,
- 1 tbsp of water,
- 1/2 cup of white sugar (or 1/2 cup of honey or even agave syrup),
- 1/2 cup of low sodium soy sauce,
- 1/4 cup of cider vinegar,
- 2 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil,
- 2 cloves of garlic minced,
- 2-3 tablespoons of fresh ginger,
- 1/4 black pepper,
- 1 tbsp of white sesame seeds optional,
- 1 tbsp of black sesame seeds optional
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients and stir.
- Bring the mixture to boil.
- Turn the heat down and cook stirring frequently until the sauce thickens.
- Let the sauce cool before using it.
I did not have time to marinade the filet before baking it, but it tasted great without it. I am certain however that marinading the salmon would improve the taste.
- Turn the oven to 400.
- Place the salmon filet on a silpat that you would have previously placed on a medium perforated sheet.
- Pour the teriyaki sauce over the salmon and baste it with a pastry brush.
- Cook it in the oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with some coconut rice, and roasted Brocoli and Cauliflower. Et Voila.Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!
It is not very often that my children will suggest something for me to cook. But when it happens, I oblige to do what they ask. Today Lisa’s request was coconut rice. I had posted a recipe of coconut rice a year ago but thought I would share it again because it is so simple.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 2 cups of Jasmati rice,
- 1 1/2 cup of coconut milk,
- 1 1/2 cup of broth, 1 tsp of salt.
- Place all the following ingredients in the round mold.
- Place the octogonal silpat to cover it and microwave for 15 minutes.
At half time, remove the top and with a fork fluff up the rice and see if you need to add more liquid. Some rice may need a little more than other ( you may add up to 1 cup).
3. Continue cooking the rice.
4. Fluff the rice up with a fork and serve. Et voila!!!
To accompany it, I fix a salmon with a ginger marmalade. I wanted fish and was looking for somewhat of an Asian flavor to add to my fish. I did not want soy or ginger. As I was looking in my pantry I saw this ginger marmalade I had bought a few weeks ago, and thought of brushing my fish with it.
So there it is:
Ingredients for 2: 1 salmon filet of about 1lb, 2 tbsp of ginger marmalade, salt and pepper.
Place the salmon on a silpat or flexipan and drop 1/2 tbsp of the ginger marmalade on the salmon. With a pastry brush, brush the salmon with the marmalade. Then sprinkle the salmon with salt and pepper and cook the fish in the oven for 5-7 minutes ( I like my fish medium rare..) in a warm oven of 400.
To serve, place the coconut rice on the plate, place the salmon atop. You may add more ginger marmalade on the side of the fish, but I did not. I also added a brocoli souffle ( recipe to follow) to my plate. Yummy!!! C’est tout!!!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!