I get so busy that sometimes putting food on the table can be a challenge. This past Monday was one of those days. I was out running errands when I got a text saying:” what’s for dinner?” I am not one that likes to eat out, or order out so i rushed home to cook dinner, an easy and fast dinner: Quiche Lorraine and Salad. But I get so bored with salad, that i tried to search for things to put in it. And this is what I came up with. Doesn’t it look pretty???;-)
Ingredients for 4:
- 1/2 box of aragula
- 1 fresh corn or a small box of corn
- 1/4 cup of shredded carrots
- 4 fresh asparagus
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes halves
- 2 tbsp of balsalmic vinegar
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 1/16 tsp of pepper
- In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Set aside
- Trim the asparagus, then cut them in about 1/4″ pieces. Set aside.
- Place the corn in the large round mold, place the octogonal silpat on top of the round mold and cook it for 2 minutes. Cook, then trim the corn of the cobb.
- Add all the vegetables to the bowl where the dressing was made and toss the salad. Serve on individual plates with a piece of Quiche Lorraine.
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!