What are you guys doing for Valentine’s?
I am going to stay home and prepared a wonderful meal for my sweet family.
If you are looking for a quick dessert that is easy to make but it is so very yummy, try those cupcakes!
Those cupcakes are so yummy that they are hard to resist even right out of the oven. I had to make two bunches because my children and I could not keep our hands of them, and I had nothing left to make picture with;-)
The ingredients are about the same as a cake I posted a year ago. https://cecilecuisine.com/2011/09/29/fudge-cake/
Ingredients for about 20 mini cupcakes:
- 1 cup of al purpose flour
- 1/4 cup and 2 Tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of table salt
- 1/2 cup of butter melted and warm
- 1 1/4 cups f brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Chocolate Ganache
- Sprinkles of all colors.
- Turn your oven to 375.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl mix the melted butter and the brown sugar.
- Then add the vanilla and the eggs.
- Dump the flour mixture in the egg and butter mixture and stir. Empty the batter into a plastic bag, or a pastry bag and pipe the cake into the opening of the mini cupcake mold.
- Cook the cakes for 13-15 minutes until the top is puffed up and a it crunchy ( but the center will still be gouey).
- Let the cakes cool in the pan for a few minutes, before removing them. You may eat them warm, they are really yummy!!!
- If you wish to eat them as a cupcake, wait until they are completely cooled before piping the ganache as the frosting.
Ingredients for the ganache:
- 2 cups of Giradhelli Bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup of heavy cream.
- In a large bowl, place the chocolate.
- Place the heavy cream in a microwave proof container and warm up the cream for 2 minutes until it is starting to boil.
- Add the hot cream to the chocolate.
- Let it rest for a minute or 2, then mix well until all the chocolate has melted and the ganache is becoming smooth.
- Pipe the ganache onto the cake.
- Decorate as you wish. Et voila!!!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!
When you are hosting a cooking party for children, you have to be really prepared because they work quickly, and they do not well with dead time. In light of this, I was looking for fun recipes that would be easy to make, good to eat and that would also occupy them for more than 1 minute. 😉
As I searched the net for recipes, I found a recipe of Lasagna Cupcakes. I will tell you that the recipe title took me a bit by surprise. How can one make cupcakes with Lasagna? But after reading the recipe, i realized that the only cupcake part was the use of a cupcake mold. Because the recipe sounded yummy, and easy to make, i decided to make those at the cooking class, and the kids love them! They not only loved the idea of making Lasagna Cupcakes, but they love, love to eat them well as well. Yeah!!!!
Ingredients for about 40 cupcakes:
- 1 lb of lean ground beef or lean ground turkey
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 can of pasta sauce of 24 oz. ( I used ragu traditional)
- 2 tbsp. of tomato paste
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of basil, rosemary mix from Demarle
- 1 pack of wonton wraps of 12 oz.
- 1 can of ricotta
- 1 pack of cheddar cheese or any other cheese of your choice
- 1/8 tsp of pepper
- 1/4 tsp of salt
In a frying pan, warm up the olive oil. When the oil is warm, add the meat and cook until it is no longer pink. Add salt, pepper, sugar, tomato paste and tomato sauce and mix well. Bring the mixture to boil, turn the heat down and cook for another 15 minutes.
Set 2 mini cupcake trays on a perforated sheet and set all the ingredients in bowls around you to allow easy access.
First place one wonton wraper in each cupcake opening. Then add 1 tsp of the meat sauce in each wonton. Add 1/2 tsp of ricotta on top of the meat. Sprinkle cheese over the ricotta. Then with a dough cutter of about 1 inch, cut circles. Place one circle on top of the cheese in each cupcake. Add meat, ricotta and cheese again. C’est tout.
Cook in a warm oven at 375 for 15- 18 minutes or until the edges are brown. Enjoy!!!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!
Yesterday I had the privilege to cater the wedding party of a beautiful friend named Laura P. Though, I was comfortable and confident that I would be able to cook everything, I was so worried to not arise to the expectations of the bride and her mom. You know… WEDDING= Most beautiful day of your life.
It is not something you want to mess up, as it is a memory that will last a lifetime… But I will say that I was happy with the end result. Laura and Anna were delighted and the guests enjoyed the food ( which is always, always a good sign.)
For desserts, I made vanilla cupcakes with a vanilla buttercream frostings, and for the bride and groom I made a white chocolate and orange cake with a Vanilla Buttercream frosting. Yum!!! you like?!?!
Halloween would not be Halloween without being scary and gruesome. I love Halloween! It is one of my favorite holiday, probably because unlike Christmas there is no pressure.. (the pressure of fixing Christmas dinner, visiting family and buying gifts). Halloween is just a fun holiday… where everyone is free to do as little or as much as they want. I usually go all out. I decorate the house in and out and love to invite people over for fun gruesome Halloween treats.. that actually look like disgusting things. For one of my children cooking classes, I made Brain hemorrhage cupcake. They are yummy good and fun to make!
Ingredients for 12 big cupcakes or 24 mini ones: 1 1/4 cup of cake flour, 2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa, 3/4 tsp of baking powder, 1/4 tsp of salt, 1/2 cup of buttermilk, 1tsp of vanilla, 1/2 tsp o f white vinegar, 10-15 drops of red food coloring, 3/4 cup of sugar, 4 tbsp of unsalted butter at room temperature, 1 large egg.
In a bowl mix the flour, the cocoa, the baking powder and the salt. In a bowl mix together the butter and the sugar until fluffy (2-3 minutes). Add the egg and combine well. Add the flour mixture in 3 times and beat at low speed alternating with the buttermilk addition. Divide the batter evenly among the mini muffins and bake for 8-1-0 minutes.
Ingredients for the frosting:
12 oz of cream cheese at room temperature, 2 tbsp of unsalted butter at room temperature, 1/2 tsp of vanilla, 1 cup of powder sugar.
In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, then add the sugar and finally the butter at little at a time. If the frosting is too soft, refrigerate for 15 minutes, place the frosting in a pastry bag and make swirls to create the brain. Drop a few drop of strawberry sugar over the frosting to make it look like blood. Et voila!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!