Do you have days when life is so crazy that dinner time arrives, and there is nothing on the table. Last night was this kind of night. I had nothing planned to make. Nothing really in the fridge and yet we needed to eat dinner. So what do you do?? Well, you either order out ( something that we do not do), or find things to use in the fridge. And this is what I did. I searched, found gorgonzola cheese and lettuce. I did not even have a pie crust so I actually made it from scratch, but you certainly can make your own.
Ingredients for 1 quiche for 6-8 people:
- 2 large purple onion diced thinly
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 cup of gorgonzola cheese crumbled
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pie crust
- In a large frying pan, warm up the olive oil. When the olive oil is sizzling, add the chopped onion and saute it.
- When the onion is starting to become an amber color, turn the heat down to medium and keep cooking for 10 minutes until the onions are becoming a darker brown and becoming softer. Set aside.
- Place the pie crust inside the tart mold, or the round mold.
- With a fork, prick the bottom of the pie to prevent an air pocket to form at the bottom of the pie.
- In a large bowl, empty the caramelized onion, crumbled gorgonzola, eggs, cream and mix well.
- Pour this mixture into the pie crust.
- Cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with a salad. Miam, Miam, Miam.
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!