Do you love summer? I do, I do!!! I love the heat as long as I can go swimming and I love wearing those cute light summer dresses. For those of you who may not know me, I am really a girly girl. I wear a dress every time I can.
Summer is the best time to wear dresses because you don’t have to deal with panty hoses, and jackets to match. Plus summer dresses come in some many fun colors that it would be difficult to wear some of them in other season. Think about it- Would you wear a canary yellow, or a bright pink in winter or spring? I am certain that people would be looking at me as if I came from another planet if I did.
In the summer, and you may have noticed my lack of posts, I don’t like to stay in my kitchen too long because it gets hot with the stove on and I rather be outside enjoying the outdoor. Sometimes I even go for a jog at 9 in the evening because it finally gets cool. No need to say that for dinner it is not fancy, it is a lot of fish and chicken on the grill. I also to make salads, and easy things.
This past Sunday, for our family dinner I decided to fix steak with grilled asparagus and corn. Because there was not any room left on the grill for potatoes I decided to roast them in the oven. Quick, easy and yummy!!
Ingredients for 4-6 people:
- 8 small potatoes,
- 1/3 cup of parmesan,
- 2 tbsp of olive oil,
- 2 tbsp of dry basil
- 1 tbsp of dry thyme
- 1/4 tsp of salt,
- 1/8 tsp of pepper.
- Peel the potatoes and slice them in quarters.
- Place the potatoes in the large round mold, cover it the octogonal silpat and cook them for 5 minutes.
- Empty the potatoes in a large bowl, drizzle the olive oil, and sprinkle the salt, pepper, thyme, basil, and parmesan. Toss the potatoes so that they are well coated with the olive oil and everything else.
- Empty the potatoes on the large perforated sheet covered with a large silpat and spread out the potatoes.
- Cook them in the oven for 15 minutes at 450.
- Sprinkle some sea salt and eat up! Yum!!!
Bon Appetit and Happy Cooking!!!